Remote Deposit Capture
Remote Deposit Capture (RDC), in its most simple terms, is a service which allows a user to scan checks and transmit the scanned images and/or ACH-data to a bank for posting and clearing. The basic requirements for an RDC service currently include a PC, an internet connection, a check scanner and a service provider such as your current bank. Checks you receive at your business can be scanned to create a digital deposit. This digital deposit is then transmitted (usually over an encrypted internet connection) to your RDC bank or service provider who then accepts and posts the deposit to your bank account.
MSG Payment Systems offers a web-based remote deposit capture system designed specifically for small to mid-sized businesses. Benefits include:
- Funds availability the next business day
- Returned check notification in 1-3 days
- Check images stored on our servers, eliminating the need to photocopy and store checks in-house
- Accounting software integration capabilities
- Duplicate check alerts
- Strategically redeposit NSF checks with the click of a button
- Review detailed reports, deposit history, and check images
- Little or no training needed to use the software and integrated check scanner.