ACH stands for Automated Clearing House, a U.S. financial network used for electronic payments and money transfers. Also known as electronic checks, or e-checks, ACH payments are a way to transfer money from one bank account to another without using paper checks or wire transfers.
How can accepting this form of payment benefit my business?
Consumer demand for ACH payment acceptance continues to grow. ACH payments totaled more than $6.2 billion in the quarter ended Sept. 30, up 9.5% over the third quarter of 2018. In addition to meeting the demands of customers, businesses can benefit from accepting this form of payment as well.
- Process payment at the time of sale to eliminate waiting for checks in the mail
- Save time, labor, and mailing costs associated with paper invoices
- Costs are often less than fees associated with credit card processing acceptance
- Payments can be automated
ACH payments are processed on a secure web-based virtual terminal with value-added services, including:
- Make one-time payments or schedule automatic recurring payments to economize time
- Customizable transaction reports
- Email receipts
- Secure vault to store bank account information for repeat customers
- Customer-facing payment pages and buttons